This fantastic basic bread dough is ideal for making both savory and dessert pizzas. It will make enough dough for one thick crust 12″ pizza or two thin-crust 12″ pizzas. The recipe calls for white flour but you can get creative and substitute some whole wheat flour, oat flour, bean flour, or even vegetable flour for part of the white flour to increase the nutrition. You can also turn this basic recipe into breadsticks or cinnamon sticks. Use your imagination and have fun!
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups bread flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons instant yeast
- Dry cornmeal for dusting surface when rolling out dough
- Dump all ingredients in a bread mixer adding the yeast on top last. Mix for 3-4 minutes until the dough is elastic.
- Cover and let dough rise until doubled.
- Divide dough in half if making two thin crust pizzas or leave whole for one 12" thick crust pizza.
- Sprinkle cornmeal on surface and roll out dough or press into shape with greased fingers. Rolling and baking on parchment paper makes it easier.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 13-15 minutes until golden brown.