Looking for a delicious, inexpensive meal that is certain to please a crowd? Sam Jones created it! This taco soup recipe can be made with shelf-stable ingredients and tweaked to your personal preferences.
- 1 pound ground meat
- 1 yellow onion (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (diced)
- 1 jalapeno (diced)
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes with chiles
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups beef, chicken, or vegetable stock
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 2 (15-ounce) cans corn (undrained)
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans (drained)
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans (drained)
- 1/3 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Brown ground meat and onions over medium heat with salt and pepper.
- Add chopped garlic and jalapeno a minute or two before the meat is cooked and sauté.
- Stir stock and canned tomatoes to meat mixture.
- Add spices and stir.
- Add cans of corn with juice and drained beans. Stir.
- Simmer 30 minutes over medium low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add cilantro and lime juice. Simmer two minutes and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot over chips or steamed rice. Top with shredded cheese, green onions, jalapenos, or sour cream.